Baptist and Reflector
Jefferson County Baptist Association, based in Jefferson City, celebrated its 100th anniversary on Sept. 20 during a special service held at Dumplin Baptist Church in New Market, the third oldest church in the eastern half of Tennessee with continuous existence at the same place, under the same name.
The association was formed in 1919 by churches from Knox County Association of Baptists and Nolachucky Baptist Association.
The special service featured historical information from John Pinkston, pastor of Buffalo Grove Baptist Church, Jefferson City and chairman of the arrangements committee for the celebration, and greetings from Phil Young, director of missions, Knox County Association, and David Hawkins, DOM of Nolachucky Association. Other speakers included Eilene Fralix, Glenora Hall and Steve and Sharon Cate.