Baptist and Reflector
The Baptist Healthcare System of East Tennessee was begun by Tennessee Baptists soon after the end of World War II. More than $2 million was contributed by 800 churches in 32 counties of East Tennessee. The hospital began service on November 30, 1949.
In 2007, BHSET negotiated a merger with St. Mary’s Hospital in Knoxville in which both entities would be under control of Catholic Health Partners, Inc. [Read more…]