FRANKLIN — GuideStone Financial Resources is looking to expand its ministry to additional qualified recipients and is asking state convention staff and other leaders to assist in identifying qualified recipients, according to Roger “Sing” Oldham, pastor engagement specialist for the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board.
• Age 65 or over; may still be working; does not need to be retired
• 10 or more years of Southern Baptist church or denominational entity employment (“paid service”) whether paid through love offerings, part-time, or full-time
• For pastors/widows; ministerial staff/widow(er)s; church/associational secretaries; custodians; other paid employee of a church, such as paid nursery workers
• Current assets must be below $45,000; fixed assets of their house and automobile are excluded from this asset limit
• Current income must be at or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines, updated in February of each year. For 2022, this is $2,266 per month for a single head of household and $3,052 for a couple
• Grants range from $275 per month to $750 per month, depending on income and assets.
If anyone is aware of someone who meets these criteria, contact Oldham at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, click HERE to read a column from B&R editor Lonnie Wilkey about Mission:Dignity.